Lawlessness is akin to weakness. To be weak is to be nothing more than human. The seven pure bloodlines of Europe do no tolerate this, and many centuries ago put in place a series of laws to keep their society safe and to separate them from the weaklings and the humans.
These laws are upheld by the Law Keepers, seven elevated vampires, one representative from each bloodline, chosen for their skill and dedication to their family and the covenant. The punishment for most "sin" is a short trial held by the lords and ladies of the seven bloodlines, along with the Law Keepers, after which the accused is executed. There is no other sentence, save the unspeakable penalty the Law Keepers pay if they themselves break the law and commit sin.
The following is upheld by law:
- Dissolution of the bloodlines is a sin. Mating or Claiming between bloodlines is forbidden.
- Revelation of the existence of vampires to mortals is a sin, unless intended to turn or kill the human.
- Conspiracy against your bloodline is a sin.
- Assisting or fraternising with weaklings or demons that are considered slaves of the families is a sin.
- Offering a safe house to those wanted for crimes against the covenant is a sin and is punishable by eternal containment within the bastion or, in severe cases, death.
All rights reserved © Felicity Heaton
All written content on this site, the html code, cover images and the design/layout of the site is copyright of Felicity Heaton. Ebook content and excerpts are copyright of the Felicity Heaton. Reuse is strictly prohibited. Redistribution of ebooks is strictly prohibited.